Terms & Conditions
1. All information provided by TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates is owned by or licensed to TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates and any user is not permitted to store, manipulate, analyze, reformat, print and or display TDS Africa’s (Pty) Ltd Information which is for user’s personal use only.
2. TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd Information is provided to users “as is”. Neither TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd information nor its affiliates make express or implied warranties of any kind regarding the TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd information, including without limitation, any warrantee of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose or use. Neither TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd nor its affiliates will be liable to any user or anyone else for any interruption, inaccuracies, errors or omissions, regardless of cause, in the event of any damages, whether direct or indirect, consequential, punitive or exemplary resulting there from.
3. Prior to the execution of a security trade based upon TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd, you are advised to consult with your broker or other financial representatives to verify pricing information.
4. The advertiser and advertising agency assumes liability for all content [including text representation and illustrations] of advertisements published and also assumes responsibility for any claims arising thereof made against The Publisher, including costs associated with defending against such a claim.
5. The advertiser or advertising agency shall pay the cost of composition of advertisements set but not used.
6. The advertiser/agency may not resell any advertising or advertising space
7. Advertisers are responsible for checking the accuracy of the proofs they request. The advertiser should carefully check the entire advert proof, including areas in which changes or corrections were not requested.
8. The Publisher reserves the right to edit, revise or reject any advertising.
9. The Publisher shall be under no liability whatsoever for errors, including any translation errors, for which it may be responsible in any advertisement beyond liability or be liable to give the advertiser or advertising agency credit for space occupied by the advertisement as is materially affected by the error; and its obligation to give such credit shall not apply to more than one incorrect insertion under any contract or order unless it is notified of the inaccuracy prior to the deadline for repetition of the insertion.
10. The Publisher does not guarantee any given level of circulation or readership for an advertisement.
11. The Publisher shall be under no liability for its failure for any cause to insert an advertisement.
12. The Publisher reserves the right to convert all advertisements published in print, digital and audio-text formats, including the right to publish such advertisements electronically on the Internet and other publications.
13. The Publisher will not be responsible for errors appearing in advertisements that are placed due to late submissions of changes/amendments by the Advertiser.
14. Insertion orders are accepted by the Publisher subject to the on-going terms and conditions. Terms, conditions, rates or agreements not set forth herein or in then-current rate schedules are not binding on the Publisher. Customer service representatives and Account Managers are not authorized to modify these terms and conditions.
15. All advertising amounts are excluding VAT.
16. Charges for changes [not corrections] from original layout and copy will be based on current composition rates.
17. On advertising where a debit order is allowed, monthly accounts are due and payable on or before the fifteenth [15th] of the month following booking. When any part of an account for advertising becomes delinquent, the entire amount owed shall then become due and payable and the Publisher may refuse to publish further advertising. There on in this event, the advertiser or agency shall pay for advertising space actually used according to the rate earned at the time of the delinquency.
18. Upon signature and return of the agreement, the Advertisier accepts the agreement to be a firm order, not subject to cancellation unless agreed by both parties in writing within seven (7) working days from date of signature. From this time, any cancellations will incur a fee of 45% of the original invoice.
19. Automatic renewal cancellations must be submitted in writing, one month prior to initial contract date failing which, the contract will automatically renew.
20. Payment of all undisputed invoices must be made within the Publishers terms. All outstanding accounts will be calculated at the prime lending rate plus 2% per annum.
21. The Advertiser shall pay to TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd the amount stated on the agreement plus VAT there on 30 days prior to the end of the contractual period.
22. There will be a ZAR500.00 charge for any cheque not honoured by the bank. Returned cheques must be replaced with guaranteed/cashier/ internet transfer funds within 48 hours of notification. The Publisher reserves the right to withhold further advertising pending receipt of replacement funds.
23. In the event an account is referred to a third party for collection, the Advertiser agrees to pay collection and/or Legal fees, as well as court costs incurred to effect collection on an attorney and own client scale.
24. Payment of account is not dependent upon receipt of invoices, either physical or electronic.
25. The authorized representative by way of signature the authorized representative declares that he/she has the authorization to sign for and place advertisements on behalf of the client and is aware of the costs for such advertisements.
26. The client and/or its duly authorized representative are responsible for checking the accuracy of advert proofs sent. Failure to notify TDS Africa (Pty) Ltd of changes/amendments within five (5) working days from date of advert proof being sent will result in advert being published as is.